ISES celebrates 14th anniversary
The month of July is a landmark month for INTERNATIONAL SCHOALR EDUCATIONAL SERVICES PVT LTD (ISES) as they celebrate the Company’s anniversary. ISES has provided a dedicated, ethical and untarnished service to the student community in general and those who aspire for a foreign university education in particular.
Over the last 14 years ISES has been involved in many CSR projects to mark various special days in the annual calendar.This year also ISES announces the continuation of the scholarships that they established over a decade and two new scholarships have beenestablished. These scholarships have been offered to the less fortunate but the deserving among our children. It is considered that investment in education is an investment for the future of our motherland.
These scholarships are also used as a means of recognizing the unsung heroes past and present among us.
ISES has undertaken many activities in the past;
- A goldmedal presented to an outstanding student following Economics in the University of Kelaniya in memory of legendryeconomics guru Professor F.R. Jayasuriya.
- A scholarship in the name of Dr. HarischandraWijayathunga, an eminent personality and a scholar par excellence continuing to carry out the Buddhist and national service initiated by Professor F.R.Jayasuriya, is offered to a Medical Student from the University of Rajarata.
- A full scholarship was awarded to a student from a threatened village in the east for over ten years until the completion of his studies at Edith Cowan University, Australia where the degree was delivered in Sri Lanka.
- In July 2009 a project was undertaken in collaboration with the eastern provincial education ministry to provide extra English classes to 600 students in easternprovince sitting the GCE O/L examination to mark the 10th anniversary of the company.
- Coordination with SPUR organization , Australia to provide an annual donation to a deserving student from the Weligama town in the southern province qualifying to enter University in memory of Mr. Nihal de Mel a member of SPUR Victoria, who rendered great services to the less fortunate in Sri Lanka, while living in Australia.
- Offering a Scholarship to a secondary school student, son of a gallant solder
- Another scholarship was awarded to student from the township of Weligama the Birth place of Late Professor F.R. Jayasuriya, to continue his higher education.
ISES established two new scholarships starting 1st July 2013;
One in memory of the Buddhist monks who were brutally massacred by LTTE terrorists in Aranthalawa and to transfer merits to the massacred Monks. This scholarship is being awarded to a deserving student from the Welgamweheratownship in the eastern province, a former threatened village.
The other in memory of late Ven. LabuduweSiridhammaNayakaThero, the chief incumbent of GatambeRajopavanaramaya Temple, a very close associate of late Professor F.R.Jayasuriya and other patrioticleaders during independence and its aftermath. This scholarship is being offered to a deserving secondary school student in the Kaluthara.
Late Ven. LabuduweSiridhammaNayakeThero, the chief incumbent of Rajopawanaramaya, Gatambe, Perdeniyawas a well-respectedmonk by all the patriotic Sri Lankans. He had a very close association with the academics as well as the students of the University of Peradeniya. He was in the forefront in most activities relevant topatriotic national issues of the time. The sudden demise of Ven. LabudooweSiridhammatherohappened onthe 27th May, 1985 and up to this time he was very closely associated with prominent patriotic national leaders of the time. RajopawanaramayaTemple was always made available for discussions of issues of significance and concern to nationalist cause. The venerable thero was actively involved in safeguarding the peaceful revolution that took place in 1956 despite the fact that there were forces within to destroy or undermine this important change. There were elements against the thero and the movement.
ISES offer this scholarship commemorating the valiant efforts of Ven. LabuduweSiridhammaNayakaThero, another unsung hero not to be forgotten by all patriotic Sri Lankans.
Undertaking CSR projects take a prominent place in the company’s scope of activities.Among these activities helping cleverstudents to achieve their career dreams is preferred by Scholar as it serves the county as a whole.
The scholarship awarding ceremony 2013 was held at ISES head office on 30th June.
Dr.HarischandraWijayathunga, well known writer, author , lawyer and politician and SathischandraEdirisinghe a well known film star and social workergracedthe occasion.